A Private Residential Homebuilder is seeking an Assistant Project Manager. This position reports directly to the Vice President and entails providing administrative and tactical support for our Project Managers at various construction sites. We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package.
The Assistant Project Manager would be responsible for assisting in coordinating the activities of multiple projects to ensure cost, schedule, document control and quality standards are met. Under the direction of the Vice President, the Assistant Project Manager is expected to take on any/all tasks in the quest to learn all he/she can about residential construction. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of construction experience. A degree in construction management is a plus.
- Assist the Vice President and Project Managers in all phases and aspects of the project.
- Provide support to Field Staff.
- Follow the company’s Best Practices.
- Prepare and assist with pre-installation meetings.
- Handle communication & follow-up with Clients.
- Prepare written estimates for Clients based on labor, materials, equipment, and other expenses.
- Review Owner contract and become familiar with terms & conditions.
- Visit project sites to evaluate progress & to respond to Clients’ questions or concerns.
- Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules. Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work.
- Work to obtain all necessary permits as requested by the PM.
Assistant Project Manager Requirements:
- 2-4 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required.
- Excellent communication, accounting, and organizational skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office & project management software.
- A degree in construction management is a plus.
- Ability to review and understand grading plans as well as construction drawings and specifications to become completely familiar with the project and identify long lead times and critical path items.